MUSIC PRODUCTION MASTERCLASS
Oakland Recording was founded on the belief that students will learn more and unlock their creative potential by educating through real-life experience. Through 60 hours of hands-on experience producing and recording a variety of amazing bands/artists from different genres, we take you through the record-making process and teach you the tools and techniques to create professional-quality music. Earn industry credits on a commercially released album, Oakland Recording Certificate of Completion, 20+ hours of professional recording studio experience with industry professionals, performance and collaboration opportunities, private Mentorship from industry professionals, 1TB Sample Library of royalty-free drums, instruments, sound effects & more!
What you will learn:
• Creative sampling and drum enhancement (Beat Detective).
• Engage with artists & create an environment of support &
comfort to get the best performance.
• Record signal flow & recording levels in digital audio.
• Microphones & proper mic placement.
• Composition: Feeling, Space & Phrasing.
• Arrangement, Rhythm, Harmony, Melody.
• Optimizing workflows in Pro Tools.
• Create sonic depth through layering instruments & vocals.
• Dynamic & spectral signal processing (Compressors, EQ's).
• Understanding importance of room acoustics & tones.
• Time-based effects: Reverbs & Delays.
• SFX & Creative Transitions.
• MIDI & Synthesis.
Fill out our inquiry form to be the first to know when we will begin accepting applications.